The purpose of the Skills and Employment Board is to drive the development and delivery of the SCR’s thematic programme and activity on this theme.
The role of the Skills and Employment Board is to:
· shape future policy development and priorities on issues related to skills and employment;
· develop new skills and employment programmes;
· make investment decisions within the agreed budget and policy on skills and employment, as delegated by the Mayoral Combined Authority (MCA);
· accept grants with a value of less than £2 million; and
· monitor programme delivery and performance on skills and employment.
Skills and Employment Board meetings are not public however, papers are published 5 clear working days prior to each meeting and draft minutes are published within 10 clear working days of the meeting taking place. The final minutes of Board meetings are published within 10 clear working days of being approved. Some papers may be withheld from publication. If this is the case, the agenda will indicate the appropriate exemption under Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.